Diffstat (limited to 'fs/cifs/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 29 insertions, 19 deletions
diff --git a/fs/cifs/Kconfig b/fs/cifs/Kconfig
index a08306a8bec..21ff76c22a1 100644
@@ -9,13 +9,14 @@ config CIFS
+ select CRYPTO_SHA256
This is the client VFS module for the Common Internet File System
(CIFS) protocol which is the successor to the Server Message Block
(SMB) protocol, the native file sharing mechanism for most early
PC operating systems. The CIFS protocol is fully supported by
- file servers such as Windows 2000 (including Windows 2003, NT 4
- and Windows XP) as well by Samba (which provides excellent CIFS
+ file servers such as Windows 2000 (including Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
+ NT 4 and Windows XP) as well by Samba (which provides excellent CIFS
server support for Linux and many other operating systems). Limited
support for OS/2 and Windows ME and similar servers is provided as
@@ -114,9 +115,24 @@ config CIFS_POSIX
(such as Samba 3.10 and later) which can negotiate
CIFS POSIX ACL support. If unsure, say N.
+ bool "Provide CIFS ACL support"
+ depends on CIFS_XATTR && KEYS
+ Allows fetching CIFS/NTFS ACL from the server. The DACL blob
+ is handed over to the application/caller.
+ bool "Enable CIFS debugging routines"
+ default y
+ depends on CIFS
+ Enabling this option adds helpful debugging messages to
+ the cifs code which increases the size of the cifs module.
+ If unsure, say Y.
bool "Enable additional CIFS debugging routines"
- depends on CIFS
+ depends on CIFS_DEBUG
Enabling this option adds a few more debugging routines
to the cifs code which slightly increases the size of
@@ -138,21 +154,6 @@ config CIFS_DFS_UPCALL
IP addresses) which is needed for implicit mounts of DFS junction
points. If unsure, say N.
- bool "Provide CIFS client caching support"
- depends on CIFS=m && FSCACHE || CIFS=y && FSCACHE=y
- Makes CIFS FS-Cache capable. Say Y here if you want your CIFS data
- to be cached locally on disk through the general filesystem cache
- manager. If unsure, say N.
- bool "Provide CIFS ACL support"
- depends on CIFS_XATTR && KEYS
- Allows to fetch CIFS/NTFS ACL from the server. The DACL blob
- is handed over to the application/caller.
bool "Allow nfsd to export CIFS file system (EXPERIMENTAL)"
depends on CIFS && EXPERIMENTAL && BROKEN
@@ -161,7 +162,7 @@ config CIFS_NFSD_EXPORT
bool "SMB2 network file system support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
- depends on EXPERIMENTAL && INET && BROKEN
+ depends on CIFS && EXPERIMENTAL && INET
@@ -178,3 +179,12 @@ config CIFS_SMB2
(compared to cifs) due to protocol improvements.
Unless you are a developer or tester, say N.
+ bool "Provide CIFS client caching support"
+ depends on CIFS=m && FSCACHE || CIFS=y && FSCACHE=y
+ Makes CIFS FS-Cache capable. Say Y here if you want your CIFS data
+ to be cached locally on disk through the general filesystem cache
+ manager. If unsure, say N.