Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/development-process/5.Posting')
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/development-process/5.Posting b/Documentation/development-process/5.Posting
index 903a2546f13..8a48c9b6286 100644
@@ -271,10 +271,10 @@ copies should go to:
the linux-kernel list.
- If you are fixing a bug, think about whether the fix should go into the
- next stable update. If so, email@example.com should get a copy of the
- patch. Also add a "Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org" to the tags within the patch
- itself; that will cause the stable team to get a notification when your
- fix goes into the mainline.
+ next stable update. If so, email@example.com should get a copy of
+ the patch. Also add a "Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org" to the tags within
+ the patch itself; that will cause the stable team to get a notification
+ when your fix goes into the mainline.
When selecting recipients for a patch, it is good to have an idea of who
you think will eventually accept the patch and get it merged. While it