|author||Jamie Lentin <email@example.com>||2012-03-27 22:54:15 +0100|
|committer||Grant Likely <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2012-03-28 17:07:30 -0600|
mtd: Move fdt partition documentation to a seperate file
Partitions are described in the same way for all mtd devices when using devicetree, move the documentation to a separate file and add references to it. Signed-off-by: Jamie Lentin <email@example.com> Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: Jason Cooper <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/mtd-physmap.txt')
1 files changed, 2 insertions, 21 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/mtd-physmap.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/mtd-physmap.txt
index 80152cb567d..a63c2bd7de2 100644
@@ -23,27 +23,8 @@ are defined:
- vendor-id : Contains the flash chip's vendor id (1 byte).
- device-id : Contains the flash chip's device id (1 byte).
-In addition to the information on the mtd bank itself, the
-device tree may optionally contain additional information
-describing partitions of the address space. This can be
-used on platforms which have strong conventions about which
-portions of a flash are used for what purposes, but which don't
-use an on-flash partition table such as RedBoot.
-Each partition is represented as a sub-node of the mtd device.
-Each node's name represents the name of the corresponding
-partition of the mtd device.
- - reg : The partition's offset and size within the mtd bank.
- - label : (optional) The label / name for this partition.
- If omitted, the label is taken from the node name (excluding
- the unit address).
- - read-only : (optional) This parameter, if present, is a hint to
- Linux that this partition should only be mounted
- read-only. This is usually used for flash partitions
- containing early-boot firmware images or data which should not
- be clobbered.
+The device tree may optionally contain sub-nodes describing partitions of the
+address space. See partition.txt for more detail.