|author||Karol Lewandowski <email@example.com>||2012-04-23 18:24:01 +0200|
|committer||Wolfram Sang <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2012-05-12 14:28:16 +0200|
i2c-s3c2410: Add HDMIPHY quirk for S3C2440
This patch adds support for s3c2440 I2C bus controller dedicated HDMIPHY device on Exynos4 platform. Some quirks are introduced due to differences between HDMIPHY and other I2C controllers on Exynos4. These differences are: - no GPIOs, HDMIPHY is inside the SoC and the controller is connected internally - due to unknown reason (probably HW bug in HDMIPHY and/or the controller) a transfer fails to finish. The controller hangs after sending the last byte, the workaround for this bug is resetting the controller after each transfer Signed-off-by: Tomasz Stanislawski <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Karol Lewandowski <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Tomasz Stanislawski <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Kyungmin Park <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/samsung-i2c.txt')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/samsung-i2c.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/samsung-i2c.txt
index 38832c71291..b6cb5a12c67 100644
@@ -6,14 +6,18 @@ Required properties:
- compatible: value should be either of the following.
(a) "samsung, s3c2410-i2c", for i2c compatible with s3c2410 i2c.
(b) "samsung, s3c2440-i2c", for i2c compatible with s3c2440 i2c.
+ (c) "samsung, s3c2440-hdmiphy-i2c", for s3c2440-like i2c used
+ inside HDMIPHY block found on several samsung SoCs
- reg: physical base address of the controller and length of memory mapped
- interrupts: interrupt number to the cpu.
- samsung,i2c-sda-delay: Delay (in ns) applied to data line (SDA) edges.
- - gpios: The order of the gpios should be the following: <SDA, SCL>.
- The gpio specifier depends on the gpio controller.
+ - gpios: The order of the gpios should be the following: <SDA, SCL>.
+ The gpio specifier depends on the gpio controller. Required in all
+ cases except for "samsung,s3c2440-hdmiphy-i2c" whose input/output
+ lines are permanently wired to the respective client
- samsung,i2c-slave-addr: Slave address in multi-master enviroment. If not
specified, default value is 0.
- samsung,i2c-max-bus-freq: Desired frequency in Hz of the bus. If not