|author||guy <guy>||2001-12-10 07:14:14 +0000|
|committer||guy <guy>||2001-12-10 07:14:14 +0000|
Put more information into the comments for "pcap_stats()".
Diffstat (limited to 'pcap-dlpi.c')
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/pcap-dlpi.c b/pcap-dlpi.c
index 7a4660b..3208ce3 100644
@@ -38,7 +38,7 @@
static const char rcsid =
- "@(#) $Header: /tcpdump/master/libpcap/pcap-dlpi.c,v 1.73 2001-11-17 21:07:59 guy Exp $ (LBL)";
+ "@(#) $Header: /tcpdump/master/libpcap/pcap-dlpi.c,v 1.74 2001-12-10 07:14:15 guy Exp $ (LBL)";
@@ -130,7 +130,9 @@ pcap_stats(pcap_t *p, struct pcap_stat *ps)
* "ps_recv" counts packets handed to the filter, not packets
- * that passed the filter.
+ * that passed the filter. As filtering is done in userland,
+ * this does not include packets dropped because we ran out
+ * of buffer space.
* "ps_drop" counts packets dropped inside the DLPI service
* provider device device because of flow control requirements
@@ -138,6 +140,10 @@ pcap_stats(pcap_t *p, struct pcap_stat *ps)
* the interface driver, or packets dropped upstream. As
* filtering is done in userland, it counts packets regardless
* of whether they would've passed the filter.
+ * These statistics don't include packets not yet read from
+ * the kernel by libpcap, but they may include packets not
+ * yet read from libpcap by the application.
*ps = p->md.stat;