|author||Peter Wu <email@example.com>||2019-01-03 16:00:08 +0100|
|committer||Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2019-01-03 15:54:45 +0000|
release-notes: document TLS and library changes
Change-Id: I3af4cb96a6c87205cdd6c85c27977366cb77291f Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/31327 Petri-Dish: Peter Wu <email@example.com> Tested-by: Petri Dish Buildbot Reviewed-by: Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/docbook/release-notes.asciidoc b/docbook/release-notes.asciidoc
index a738008371..c4acc98aa4 100644
@@ -40,6 +40,8 @@ The following features are new (or have been significantly updated)
since version 2.9.0:
* Wireshark now supports the Swedish and Ukrainian language.
+* Initial support for using PKCS #11 tokens for RSA decryption in TLS. A
+ configuration user interface is still in development.
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated)
since version 2.6.0:
@@ -72,12 +74,18 @@ since version 2.6.0:
* The build system now supports AppImage packages.
* The Windows installers now ship with Qt 5.12.0. Previously they
shipped with Qt 5.9.7.
+* Support for decrypting TLS streams in pcapng files that embedded a Decryption
+ Secrets Block (DSB) containing a TLS Key Log (wsbuglink:15252).
+* The editcap utility gained a new `--inject-secrets` option to inject an
+ existing TLS Key Log file into a pcapng file.
=== Removed Features and Support
* The legacy (GTK+) user interface has been removed and is no longer supported.
* Wireshark requires Qt 5.2 or later. Qt 4 is no longer supported.
* Wireshark requires GLib 2.32 or later.
+* Wireshark requires GnuTLS 3.2 or later as optional dependency.
+* Building Wireshark requires Python 3.4 or newer, Python 2.7 is unsupported.
* Building Wireshark requires CMake. Autotools is no longer supported.
* TShark’s `-z compare` option was removed.
@@ -165,6 +173,9 @@ sdjournal, an extcap that captures systemd journal entries.
* Lua: the various logging functions (debug, info, message, warn and critical)
have been removed. Use the print function instead for debugging purposes.
+* Lua: on Windows, file-related functions such as dofile now assume UTF-8 paths
+ instead of the local code page. This is consistent with Linux and macOS and
+ improves compatibility on non-English systems. (wsbuglink:15118)
== Getting Wireshark